Helping people arrive at the life destination they desire is one of the most fulfilling things a person can do . Many of us decide to tackle life alone and just run on our own track. That is not a bad thing in and of itself, but it creates a very limited life.
If we make a decision to connect and go places we would never go alone, the reach and influence of our life becomes limitless.
As a couple, we decided that we wanted to “make a life” that was way beyond making a living and being stuck on a single track. We wanted to connect and build a life that would become a platform for the life and “tomorrow” that we wanted to create.
Right from the beginning there were several things I committed to to make this happen:
- We committed to pray for our business.
- The prayer of Jabez “Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, “Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain.” And God granted his request.” http://bvrs.us/JPjabez
- Specifically, that God would connect us with the people that were the right ones, and that he would have the others run in the other direction.
- We didn’t have money to invest, but we invested all of our relational capital to make connections.
- We allowed our passion to be the fuel that allowed us to do more than we could ever do alone. This made the work required a joy.
- We decided from day one, that we didn’t want to engaged in a life that was mostly about trading hours for dollars. Our jobs/business had to be a platform from which we built our life.
As a result, a couple with $50 to invest now owns a business that operates in 50 states and over 20 countries. My family put a stencil on my office wall (right above the window over looking our pool) that is the perfect statement of a life that is all about connecting with the right people, at the right time, to do more than you could ever do alone. Its the best 24/7 business an entrepreneur could ever desire. No long hours, no trading hours for dollars, and when you go to sleep, team members on other continents are waking to carry the torch so that business and the influence of your life never stop.
It’s a blessing to make a life and help others do the same!
How is your life like a “train station”, that helps others arrive at the destination they desire?